Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chicken and Corn Salad with Chili-Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream (DECENT)

TUESDAY, JULY 22, 2008

*** Chicken and Corn Salad with Chili-Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream ***

I'll often roast a whole chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken from the store, pull it apart, and then use the meat for a couple of lunches/dinners. It was 95 degrees here today, so I was in the mood for something cool that also allowed me to not have to turn the stove on. I mixed some of the chicken with a tomato, a can of Mexicorn, some cilantro, and some chives from the garden together in a bowl. I then sprinkled in some chili powder and made a super-quick vinaigrette with olive oil and blood orange vinegar (balsamic or apple cider would work fine too). I then threw it on a bed of romaine lettuce and topped it with a dollop of the sour cream.

The Chili-Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream is something I came up with that is great with all sorts of things. Just mix together 1/4 cup sour cream with lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, and cilantro. I'd give you amounts, but I just do it to taste and feel. My best guess is about a teaspoon of zest, juice, and powder and a tablespoon or so of cilantro. Regardless, it adds a great kick to otherwise boring sour cream (great on a burger too).

I wouldn't say this is the greatest meal in the world, but it was a solid meal for a hot weeknight and I'd certainly eat it again. You could definitely add black beans to this as well, but I didn't want to since I had eaten so many beans the night before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now this is right up my alley.

I am now backlogged in recipes to try!!