Friday, October 24, 2008

Beef and Sausage Chili (GOOD BUT HOT)

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beef and Sausage Chili (GOOD BUT HOT)

Messed around with a couple of flavors and textures with good results, outside of maybe a little too much spiciness. Browned some stew beef with salt and pepper, then browned ground sausage. After browning the two meats, I sauteed onion and green pepper, added various chile seasonings, added the meat back in, as well as a can of red kidney beans and two cans of diced tomatoes. Simmered it for a couple hours until the beef was tender.

For whatever reason, I always end up making my chili too spicy. Since I eyeballed the amounts, it's hard to pinpoint the culprit, but I'm thinking it may be chipotle powder. I also added chili powder, ancho powder, cumin, coriander, and paprika, but none of those are really that spicy, so I think the chipotle is the one. As someone without a spicy filter, I don't mind at all, but it's usually a little too much for everybody else. So in the future, maybe kick back the chipotle and see what happens.

No comments: