Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Okra Stew (DECENT)

Monday, October 6, 2008

Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Okra Stew (DECENT)

This was basically "throw what you got in a pot and see what happens dinner" and it came out fairly well. No real recipe to pass on, other than adding chicken, sweet potato, okra, and some egg noodles to chicken stock.

I will say this ... I'm forever on the quest to find "depth" for my soups and stews that I throw together. By depth ... I'm talking about how the whole thing tastes good, but lacks some sort of layer to it that makes it a little bit fuller tasting. My guess is that because a home-cooked stew with homemade stock has considerably less sodium in it, it gives it that "thin" taste. In the future, I'm thinking I may try butter or heavy cream for that depth, or maybe even starting with a roux to see what happens.

No comments: