Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Smoked Pork Butt, Baked Beans, and Acorn Squash (GREAT)

Summer meets fall in this one with a pork butt done on the BBQ smoker. I think I'm finally getting the hang of the smoker I have, and have learned that the temperature becomes wildly inconsistent after about the first 4-5 hours. So with that in mind, I took the approach of smoking the meat on the grill until this point, and then finishing it in the oven on 225 where I can regulate the temperature for as long as I need. This works great because a good bark has already been achieved after the first 5 hours, so it's basically a matter of cooking it in the over until it reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees.

The acorn squash is a rerun ... click here ... and admittedly I went lazy on the beans and bought a can on Bush's. But hey ... I gave up 8 hours of my time to cook the meat, so there!

No comments: