Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chicken, Sausage, and Corn Stew (GOOD)

Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Chicken, Sausage, and Corn Stew (GOOD)

This was a classic "here's a bunch of flavors I want to taste so I will throw them in a pot together" meal. So this one consisted of cooking off some ground sausage, then sweating down some onions and red pepper, adding the sausage back in along with some rotisserie chicken, chicken stock, a can of corn, and later some frozen peas after everything simmered for about 40 minutes. For spices, I put some toasted spice rub (which is a fennel-based mixture from Napa Style), Italian seasoning, and a bay leaf ... though you could season with just about anything you want (I was thinking curry powder would be good another time if I was in the mood for that flavor). I used 2 cans of chicken stock for this stew, so wasn't super thick, but definitely not a full on soup either. (You could go ahead and use the awful Rachel Ray-created word "stoup" right here if you want, but I'd rather chop my hand off with a dull chef's knife than do it myself).

Definitely a good Sunday meal (especially as we enter the cooler fall weather) and certainly worth making again.

No comments: