Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chicken With Roasted Lemon-Rosemary Sauce (VERY GOOD)

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chicken With Roasted Lemon-Rosemary Sauce (VERY GOOD)

I had a bunch of lemons that needed to get used, so this worked perfectly. I cut four lemons in half, salted them a little, and threw them under the broiler for about 10 minutes until they were browned. Then I took the juice (a little less that 3/4 cup) and saved it for the sauce. I browned two bone-in chicken breasts in a pan, and then threw them in the oven on 400 with some red potatoes sprinkled with salt, pepper, and rosemary for about 15-18 minutes until everything was done. Meanwhile, I put 3 cloves of minced garlic and 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary in the pan where I browned the chicken. After a minute I added 1 1/4 cup condensed chicken stock (no water added), deglazed the pan, then added the lemon juice, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, a tablespoon of butter, and salt and pepper to taste. This makes a great sauce that I pured on top of the chicken and potatoes when they were ready. Finished it off with a side salad for a winning dinner.

No comments: