Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shrimp Stir Fry with Peppers and Green Beans (GOOD)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

*** Shrimp Stir Fry with Peppers and Green Beans (GOOD) ***

Thanks to the garden, the pepper supply in the house is ample, so I cut up one green and one yellow pepper to go with some shrimp and green beans for a quick and tasty stir fry. I seasoned the shrimp with togorashi spice (which is a Japanese spice blend of chile, sesame, and seaweed that I highly recommend and is also called "Tokyo Spice Rub" at some stores). Having yet to find a homemade stir fry sauce that I enjoy (I'm all ears if you have one by the way), I went with a bottled sauce that was good, but I'm sure sodium and sugar-laden as well. A quick weeknight meal that's a winner (serve it over basmati rice to round out the dish).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love togorashi (sp.?) hot sauce. I just had some on grilled salmon mixed with teriyaki sauce and soy. It gave it just the right amount of kick.

Why haven't you posted in a while?

Christine "Cooking Mama" - but I don't have kids, just dogs :)